Castle, castelfiorentino, firenze, toscana
“ Beautiful facilities! ”18 Reviews
Info and Description
This is a fortified villa built in the XV century by a wealthy Florentine family.
They built it in order to protect their wide possessions, in order to use it as a refuge in times of insurrections and in order to have a country house where to relax.
It is situated near the river Elsa, few kilometres south-west of Castelfiorentino.
In 1424 the...
In 1512 Bishop Guerguense, who was Emperor Massimiliano’s ambassador in Florence, was given hospitality at the Castle.
In the years 1529-1530, during the battle in defence of the last Florentine Republic, this castle was one of the Imperialists’ strongholds.
In fact the owners of the Castle were on Pope Clemente VII’s side who wanted his family (Medici) to rule Florence again.
From June 1, 2012, on the whole territory of Montespertoli has been introduced tax residence, as provided by Decree.
So, from that date, we ask for 1 Euro per person (max 8 days) except children under 14 years.
- General services:ParkingOwner presentHeatingSwimming PoolSatellite TVBarbecueOutdoor lightingSheets - towels (weekly change)Extra bedFinal cleaningDaily cleaningReception
- Catering Services:Home-style cooking
- Sports Services:Hiking
- Other services:Ceremonies and receptionsGroup accomodationConference roomsWine tours
- Training courses:Cooking lessons
Nearby services and places
4 Km. Lake
5 Km. Food
5 Km. Clothes shops
5 Km. Supermarket
5 Km. Bar - Cafe
5 Km. Town centre
5 Km. Chemist
Terms and Conditions
- Arrival time: from 15:00 - to 19:00
- Departure time: The accommodation must be left by 9:00
- In case of arrival out of the estimated time of arrival we kindly ask you to let know as soon as possible.
Booking on request: The booking requires a deposit of 30%
Payment method accepted: Bank Transfer - Credit card
Credit cards accepted: