Farmhouse, sovicille, siena, toscana
“ An idyllic rural setting close to Siena. ”75 Reviews
Info and Description
Located in the splendid surroundings of the Tuscan countryside, just 10 km from Siena, the small holiday farm is completely surrounded by olive trees on the slopes of the Montagnola, a hilly area west of Siena; because of this area's wealth of woods and springs, as well as its historic and artistic attractions, it has been named a “site of...
The holiday farm is reached by travelling a couple of km on unpaved road through a wood that is primarily oak, holm-oak and Spanish broom.
After you leave you car in the shade of an olive or fig tree, you will first see the rural area: a complex of buildings that, in addition to housing the peasants, included stalls, storage buildings and the fields necessary for farming, which, today, have been entirely renovated and turned into private homes, holiday farms or technical buildings needed for the operation of what still remains a farm (office, warehouses and technical rooms); then you will come to the central square that, in addition to several of the country homes, contains the villa, the church and the barn.
The 19th-century appearance of the Villa presents clear traces of a complex architectural past.
The two arched windows that stand out on the first floor are evidence that it was built on the remains of an ancient tower, probably dating from the 12th century.
It currently contains two apartments used for the holiday farm (La Villa and La Scala) and the home of the owner and his family.
The small 18th-century church, today deconsecrated, is a typical feature of the villages and is one of the many rural parishes and chapels that dot the Sienese countryside.
Although the barn retains its original exterior unaltered, it has been completely renovated and is a private home.
The brick-paved courtyard in front was used by the sharecroppers to thresh their grain and for the celebrations and dancing at the end of the harvest.
The east side of the Villa overlooks the garden, which is surrounded by a high stone wall and directly accessible from inside the Villa or through a gate on the side of the parking lot.
In the upper part of the garden, there are small vegetable plots bordered by tuff bricks, a lane of aromatic plants, several olive trees for shade and a terrace paved with terracotta.
A row of grape vines and two bowers visually and physically separate the upper part of the garden from the lower part, which contains the swimming pool.
- General services:Owner presentPets allowedSwimming PoolSatellite TVOutdoor lightingBarbecueWashing machineFinal cleaningDaily cleaningExtra bedSheets - towels (weekly change)HeatingDishwashersTumble dryerInfant bedExtra sheets changeExtra towels change
- Catering Services:Home-style cookingHalf boardDinner for children (4-12 years)Continental breakfast (sweet breakfast)International breakfast (Sweet + Salty)Breakfast
- Technology Services:Wi-Fi Internet access
- Wellness services:Massage centreYoga
- Sports Services:Hiking
- Other services:Ceremonies and receptionsWine tours
- Training courses:Italian language coursesCooking lessons
- Outdoor services:TennisGolfFishingBus - TramTrain stationBike rentalSeaHospitalChemistAutomobileBar - CafeOutlet storeSupermarketShopping mallClothes shopsRestaurant-PizzeriaFood
Nearby services and places
3 Km. Restaurant-Pizzeria
3 Km. Bus - Tram
5 Km. Bar - Cafe
5 Km. Chemist
5 Km. Food
6 Km. Supermarket
6 Km. Bike rental
Terms and Conditions
- Arrival time: from 16:00 - to 19:00
- Departure time: The accommodation must be left by 10:00
- In case of arrival out of the estimated time of arrival we kindly ask you to let know as soon as possible.
Booking on request: The booking requires a deposit of 30%
Instant Booking: The booking requires a deposit of 30%
Payment method accepted: Bank Transfer - Credit card
Credit cards accepted: